Wednesday, January 16, 2013

It's a New Year With Lots of Possibilities

Villa, Puerto Rico, Photograph, flowers tropics
Our home for a week in Rincon.
I just got back from a refreshing week in Rincon, Puerto Rico with some wonderful people. We work together to have a nice time of relaxation in the warm breezes of the Caribbean, cooking for each other and just enjoying the beach. It's not easy to come back home in the middle of winter and try to get back into the groove of working each day, but I am working through it. My back yard is soggy with puddles everywhere and all the trees are brown and leafless so I can't look there for inspiration. If the mercury would drop a few more degrees, we would probably be shoveling our way out of a few feet of snow instead of watching the creeks rise and crest over their banks with all this rain. However, we can't change the weather - it comes and goes with no input from us so there is no point in complaining about it.

photograph, water, geese, fog, Chesapeake Bay
The North East River
For those writers reading this, make sure you take the time to check out Amazon's Kindle Direct Publishing Program. This January they have doubled the rewards for any of your books that are borrowed through their site. I just reviewed my stories that I sell through Amazon and was happy to see how they now have nine countries involved in Amazon Kindle, with Brazil being the latest.

It's time to get busy writing. I can't call myself a writer if I am not actively writing - now can I? My next blog will have a new story announcement...