Monday, December 31, 2012

Last Day of the Year

Water, sunset, evening, summer, sun rays
Sunset from Turkey Point, North East Maryland
Today is December 31 - the last day of 2012. It's amazing how many things happened in one year. My husband reminded me last night that this was the year of me switching my career from a commercial writer to a short story writer. So much stress and worry have been replaced by a chance to be creative and think afresh. This blog was started and has slowly started to build an audience.

I am so looking forward to a fresh new year. It's like waking up in the morning and realizing yesterday is over and I have a new chance to accomplish my desires. I have thought about penning a few resolutions (but have not actually taken the time to do so yet!) like writing better, maybe taking some writing classes at my local college, reading more and so on. Who knows what 2013 will bring? It is exciting in a calm sort of way.

My life has been a journey and one in which I have really been able to enjoy myself for the majority of the time. Does that mean I haven't had rough times? really rough times? No. I choose to make it a habit of looking on the good side of things and actually almost forget the bad stuff. For those folks around me, I try to help them do the same. If you are reading this (and obviously you are), I hope you have enjoyed many things this year and can find a way to look forward to 2013 as well.

Join me as I sharpen my focus away from the chaos of our politics, the troubles of our society, the insufficient funds in my bank and towards the great friendships of life in my children, my family, and the people I have been so lucky to rub shoulders with.

Happy New Year!!!!