Friday, July 27, 2012

Heat Wave Continues...

This morning, I woke up to foggy windows from the contrast between the cool air indoors and the warm humid air outside. Thankfully, we had a nice rainfall last night and the plants were all watered. But that combined with the 95 degree sun creates a sauna-like atmosphere around our home. So today, other than a few morning chores, is going to be spent inside where I can live without sweating myself into dehydration. Writing for me is a perfect indoor job when the weather causes the outside air to be almost too heavy to breath, so write I will. Maybe I will let my words carry me away into a cool and fresh surroundings where the pests of summer can't irritate me - you know like the mountains of Maine or the islands off of the western coast of Washington State. 

Now that I have had a few days away from my computer, I am looking forward to doing some imagining...