Monday, June 25, 2012

Welcome Summer

This past week, we got slammed with incredible heat and humidity, scorching even our tropical avocado plant. I cannot imagine how people used to live without air conditioning, unless they all just sat in a cool creek. I seem to become an automatic sweat machine and quickly become demented unless I soak my head in cool water!

Anyhow, the heat wave is passed and so the weather goes on. This weekend, I published a new story called, Wrongful Accusations - the tale of a man who thinks he is doing a good thing only to have a lawsuit slapped in his face.

Here is a short clip...

I am writing this narrative as a diary of the circumstances that led up to my court case where I was charged with blackmail. I hope the information here will show that my intentions were good and helpful and not at all of a malicious nature.
June 21, 2012, 1:30 pm. Went to the Burger House Place to get a burger at 1:40 pm. I know the exact time because I kept the receipt in my truck as I tend to do with most of my purchases. The morning before my purchase was a normal one except that the weather was amazingly hot. I remember the weather forecast on the morning news called for temperatures close to one hundred degrees with humidity levels close to ninety percent. By the time lunch rolled around, I didn’t want to get out of my truck to go into the burger place, so I went up to the drive through window. I ordered my burger and fries along with a cup of water and drove away.
2:00 pm. I parked my truck at the park on Walnut Street and sat at a picnic table under some shade trees and pulled out my lunch. After two or three bites, I noticed something...