Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Reality or Dreams

http://toptenfamous.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/You-Can%E2%80%99t-Control-Your-Dreams.jpgHave you ever wondered if you are in the middle of a dream instead of awake in reality? How would you know the difference? Some dreams are very vivid and can evoke sensations of pleasure, fear, terror and even pain. I know I have had dreams that frightened me so much that I can still remember them decades later. This scenario is perfect fodder for stories as you can write almost unglued from reality. Things happen in dreams that are not possible in reality but they sure feel real. 

My next story I am working on is based on this phenomenon. Unfortunately for the reader, in a book form, you have no way of knowing that the story might start out as a dream and therefore your emotions are much stronger; you assume that it is based on reality. Or is it? I love my flying dreams. Makes me wonder if I really could fly...What are your common dreams?