Tuesday, June 12, 2012

People Watching

http://cache.carlsonhotels.com/rad/images/hotels/MDBALTIM/home2_450.jpg
Baltimore Inner Harbor
This morning, I am off to the city of Baltimore. One of the things that I like to do in cities is to find a spot where I can sit and watch people. Although most of them will fit into general categories, there are a few that stand out as individuals. I find it surprising to see how many people copy others in how they dress and accessorize. Best friends seem to do it the most, even wearing the same kind of jewelry or even tatoos.

Watching people and how they react with each other is a great way to learn about characters that I write about. If I don't expose myself to other people, everyone will act like I do in my stories! That would get pretty boring very quickly. You should try it, if you haven't already. It's quite fun.