Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Heat Exhaustion Danger!

Think coooooool...
When my children were young, I spent a lot of time with other parents with young children. One of the pieces of advice I would give was to realize that living through uncomfortable circumstances in our lives helps us to understand and sympathize with others. This can also be applied to the simple circumstance of bad weather. This week, we are supposed to have a few days of high heat and humidity - not my idea of enjoyable! However, I can use the discomfort I feel when I write a story. It will help me to set the mood of not just the surroundings but also how the characters feel and react to each other. (Click here for more information on novel writing) With the humidity around 90 percent and the air temperature around 95 degrees, we are under a heat index of over 140! That means we are in extreme danger of heat exhaustion or stroke if we try to work in the heat.

Now I need to go and turn on the air conditioner...