Monday, May 7, 2012

It's Your Road

I try to write from my heart and love to read about others who do the same. I so often hear from folks who mimic other people, instead of speaking their own mind. They speak in quotes from other icons in history as if the other person is more important than they are. I was reading through the Facebook posts on my page this morning, and I came across this picture with the caption, "It's your road and yours alone. Others may walk it with you, but no one can walk it for you. 

I encourage you to stop mimicking and speak from your heart. It will force you to think about who you are and what is important to you. We can all read quotes from past intellectuals, but put down the dusty books and speak your own words. You might be surprised at how nice it is to be genuine...