Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Dreaming Story Lines

view, new york, park, hiking, short story
World's End State Park
Yesterday I mentioned that I really get involved in the characters in my stories, sometimes finding it hard to break away from the story and get back to reality. Well last night, I actually dreamed that I was in my story, My Secret House, walking and walking, but I couldn't take real steps . Of course, the story line was all messed up like dreams are with bits of reality and dream all mixed together. I will say that I was able to feel the frustration and pain in my feet that I will use to enhance the mood of my story.

On another note, I noticed in an article by Josh Hruska  in Amazon, B&N, and Publishers Slug it Out Over e-Books While Libraries Suffer, that there are reports of friction between six major publishing firms and Amazon. I wonder just how the changing markets are going to settle down. E-books are not going away but neither are the paper-bound books. I am not really sure why there is so much conflict since the majority of books are written and formatted on computers and ready for paper binding as well as e-publishing with just minor adjustments between the two styles. As usual, I think it is money that is the heart of the issue since the rock and mortar institutions have been able to charge an exorbitant amount of money for a product that today just doesn't cost that much to produce anymore. To be a player in the new environment, they will have to adjust.