Thursday, April 26, 2012

Book Trailers

Today I am planning on researching how to design and build a book trailer for my book, The Meanderings of a Pen - a Collection of Short Stories. I had no idea that such a medium was even used for books, but it is really a clever way of giving prospective readers a quick glance inside your book. My challenge will be that instead of setting the mood for one story, I have twenty stories to present. Hopefully, tomorrow I will be able to post the finished result and you can be the judge of it.
Update: You can now view my trailer on the right side column of this blog. (5/1/2012)
One thing I am learning as I write and publish stories is the tremendous amount of work involved in marketing a book. I read the article, How Darcie Chan Became a Best-Selling Author by the Wall Street Journal. Before she published her novel as an ebook last May(2011), she could not find any publishers willing to take it on and she left it alone for five years, sitting in a drawer. Nine months after publishing online, she sold over 400,000 copies and had film studios knocking on her door to make it into a movie, but still no publishers. It just shows that the market is changing and we need to adapt.

We are having a wonderful spring here in Maryland, lots of cool days and chilly nights. Weather like this is perfect for getting yard work done before the humid heat of the summer hits. Today is raining so I can write...