Monday, March 26, 2012

Thankful Thoughts...

Today is a quiet Monday with no major news stories on the headlines, or at least worth commenting on. Last night I watched an interesting documentary on the country of Estonia, The Singing Revolution It is hard to imagine how such a hard time was going on in the beautiful country so close to Germany while we here in the United States heard nothing about it. It makes me think that the people who went through such hard times are so grateful to see their country finally experiencing freedom. I cannot imagine what it would be like to have a country have troops sent in to occupy our towns for the next twenty years and to have to worry that if I complained about it, I could be sent to a labor camp for 10 years. What a stark contrast to the entertainment overrun society we live in today.

However, I must conclude that I am thankful for our freedom, that I can have free speech, thankful that I don't fear the government, and that with all of our problems, I can still live a peaceful and happy life.