Monday, March 12, 2012

How to Make Money Writing?

This is a question that I am constantly asking myself, as I am sure thousands of other writers do also. How do we convert our efforts into profit? I don't think there is one clear cut answer but there is one common need - write better. I think that is a life-long pursuit to be enjoyed instead of thinking that it is a position in life that we can attain after a period of training.

Glass Suncatcher in my Kitchen Window
When I look at craftsmen who produce quality pieces of work, whether it be an written article, a painting, a hand-forged knife, a beautifully-engineered building, a blown glass vase or a carved book-end, they put passion into their work, lovingly creating one item at a time. That's what I want to do.

I have chosen to write short stories and then market them on Amazon for now. That might change after a while. There are fun contests that anyone can enter if they like writing short stories. Not only will they pay nice cash if you win, but it will help add recognition to your name. Here are a couple that I have found.

There are plenty of creative ways to use words to make money. What do you think? Have you found a good way?