Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Everyone likes a good story.

When you read the morning newspaper or browse over your online news page, aren't you looking for a good story? More often than not, I am. Sure, there is always the stuff I should read as a responsible adult to keep in touch with politics and major news from around the world, but I am always looking for a good story that is interesting to me. 
Writing stories means that you have to create a series of events that will attract readers to follow your words. Since fiction is not bound by reality only guided by it, you can manipulate scenes to add tension, resolve or any number of emotions.

Today I read a clip about a town worried about strange booming noises in the night - what a perfect idea for developing into a story! What could it be? Earthquake? Sinkholes? Mining? Government bunkers? Not sure yet. You will have to wait and see.

If you want a good source for improving your writing, check out The Secrets of Sensational Stories

Enjoy your Wednesday!

New! My book, The Meanderings of a Pen is now available as a hard copy on Create Space. It will be listed on Amazon in a few days!