Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Buried Treasures

We have been cleaning out our garage and selling items on eBay and Craigslist. It has been fun and we are surprised to find what is valued by people and what they are willing to pay. Every time I list an item, I feel like I am looking at a possible hot item and it must be how people feel who do dumpster diving. The thrill of maybe finding something that cost you almost nothing and selling it for a hefty profit is exciting and motivating.

Look at all the television shows that capitalize on this concept, American Pickers, Pawn Stars, Antiques Roadshow, Obviously, there are a lot of people who think this way.

Today, I think I will develop a story around this thread. Let's see where shall I start...

It was a cold damp morning and the sun was still hiding for another hour. I donned some simple gray sweats, cloth work gloves and my cup of coffee and headed out to my car...